Friday, May 14, 2010

Why does my Rose of Sharon have two(2) different colored flowers?

I have 3 or 4 very old Rose of Sharon Bushes(maybe 15 years old) I planted from sprouts. I have a "purple" flower Rose of Sharon bush and a "white" flower rose of Sharon bush and between the two is a bush that has "purple" and "white" flowers. The bush was never grafted. It has only one "trunk"; each limb on the bush has it's own individual color.......either all purple or all white but they are all on the same bush. I have heard of flowers changing colors but I have never heard of a bush having two different colored flowers on it without something being done to it and this bush has had nothing done to it to cause this.

Why does my Rose of Sharon have two(2) different colored flowers?
Rose of sharon (Hibiscus), beautiful flowers! The state flower of Hawaii. When they drop their seeds, they grow very easily, and 1 seed from each plant hit the same spot. It looks like 1 plant, but i guarentee it's actually 2 just roots are wrapped real tiight.
Reply:has it always been like this?its possible that it was pollinated by both trees.where did you get the sprouts?if bought from a nursery they may have beendone there.that is odd.enjoy the oddity.

flower deliveries

No comments:

Post a Comment