Friday, May 14, 2010

Replacing a ceiling rose with a pendant light. What goes where?

I am replacing a ceiling rose with a pendent light and on removing the cover of the ceiling rose, I can see three red wires going into three blocks termed loop. Now when I wire the new light up I know from previous little jobs that the black/blue neutel wire wire up together as do the red/brown live, but I am looking at three red wires connected to the "loop" section of the ceiling rose. Do I put these into seperate compartments in the block or put them together.


Thanks in advance

Replacing a ceiling rose with a pendant light. What goes where?
You leave the three reds connected together and to NOTHING ELSE, they are feeds. Connect your light, - blue flex to two blacks, brown to remaing black which should have a red marker (tape or sleeving) on it, but probably hasn't!! All g/y earths together.
Reply:THE WIRING THAT IS THERE IS OLD WIRING AND NOT COLOUR CODED THE BEST THING YOU COULD DO IS TO LET A QUALIFIED PERSON IDENTIFY THE WIRES AND CONNECT YOUR NEW LIGHT

windows

No comments:

Post a Comment