Friday, May 21, 2010

Question regarding Floyd Rose and Locking Nut?

I have a question regarding Floyd Rose tremolo's and locking nuts. I recently bought a Floyd Rose kit (tremolo and locking nut), and the locking nut with that kit is an "R42". Now, I bought a fully loaded Ibanez neck, which to my amazement has a "R43" locking nut, which is slightly bigger than the R42, and I've noticed that the R42 nut doesn't fit the neck. The R43 nut that came with the neck is fine, but I do have a question.





Question is, will the R43 nut that came with the neck be fine for the Floyd Rose tremolo that came with the R42? Or will it only work with another R42 nut?





Cheers

Question regarding Floyd Rose and Locking Nut?
the r43 is the best way to go because it was designed specifically for the ibanez.


any trem will work with any nut
Reply:wow...a real guitar question...and i sadly have no answer...





either try talking to a real guitar tech or try emailing the Floyd Rose company...they should know better than anyone...





personally i would imagine that it shouldn't be much of a problem but again i'm no expert on the matter...


No comments:

Post a Comment