Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rose's Patch, or simply The Patch, Nuneaton.?

Does anyone have any information about a place called Rose's or Roses Patch (often referred to as The Patch) that existed in Nuneaton, Warwickshire in the 1800s to the early 1900s. I have discovered that it was a yard of cottages just off Midland Road, owned by the Rose family, but I would love to know more as some of my ancestors lived there. Also, if anyone knows of any of the courts or yards of cottages anywhere in Abbey Street, Abbey Green, Nuneaton this would be of equal interest. Here's hoping - Sue.

Rose's Patch, or simply The Patch, Nuneaton.?
Some of my ancestors lived in Chapel Square off Midland Road Nuneaton in the late 1800's. I was born in Nuneaton in 1947 and I knew the "patch" as a recreational area near to Courtalds factory near Chilvers Coton County School. A footpath led from Greenmore Road over the canal to the patch. This was obviously a local name as it was nothing more than a "patch" of ground with a few swings on it.





The web site given in a previous answer is very good, also you could try





http://nuneatonforum.proboards77.com/





I'm always interested in historical aspects of Nuneaton, so maybe we could correspond?





Best of luck with your research................Allan
Reply:this is the only site I could find.


www.nnwfhs.org.uk/publications/journal...


No comments:

Post a Comment